Choosing the right custom tshirt can be a daunting task if you have never ordered them before. There are many factors that come in to play and while it may sound complicated at first, it’s very simple.
To determine the right custom tshirt for your specific needs a few questions need to be answered.
1. Is there a budget? There is always a budget but how realistic the budget is determines the actual shirt you order.
2. What activity is the shirt going to be worn doing?
3. What type of printing are you wanting?
Choosing the right custom tshirt – materials
Basically there are 3 types of tshirts that we customized.
1. Cotton – These days they are preshrunk so you no longer have to worryy about loosing a full shirt size after the first washing. A lightweight 100% preshrunk cotton t-shirt will be the most budget friendly. Cotton tshirts basically come in two different weight, lightweight and heavyweight. With the latter costing a bit more. There is also pima cotton and rinspun cotton which are just different ways the fabric gets spun and determines it’s softness. The softer the shirt typically the more expensive.
The cotton shirt makes a great fit no matter the occassion and I’d only steer clear of 100% cotton if you will be wearing the shirt during some type of sport or activity where sweating is involved.
2. Blends – These are going to be a softer than 100% cotton and be made of up either cotton & polyester as a dual blend or cotton, poly, and either spandex or rayon as a triblend. Typically these are more trendy light wight very soft feeling shirt. They are higher priced than the basic cotton shirts. Great uses for these shirts are branding. People like soft shirts so if you are using your custom t-shirts to promote something, these shirts are always a hit.
3. Performance Poly – 100% polyester has moisture wicking capabilities which make them a great shirt for any kind of athletic activity or activity where persperation will happen. These are light weight and thin and allow sweat to wick away from the body. These are moderately priced and brands offer a performance or tech tshirt now. So pricing is competitive amongst brands and these are a great cost effective shirt option.
Choosing the right custom tshirt is easier than it might seem. At Kirkwood Trading Company we strive to provide our customers with the best options and shirts for their specific needs keeping in mind any specific budget they may have.
Give us a call the next time you need to order custom printed t-shirts and we’ll be happy to work with you and discuss options and provide you with pricing. We will help you in choosing the right custom tshirt.